There's a taste sensation that's sweeping the nation and that taste is cronuts. What is a cronut, you ask? Well, it's not quite a puppet, and it's not quite a mop, but oh man! On this episode of Scientific Podcast Goes Boink, Pete and Bill sample three types of cronut and have all manner of doughnut-centric discussion. Pictured above are the sugar and powdered sugar varieties of cronut. The Jellied cronut is pictured below, in the extended show notes. Or the cronotes, if you prefer.
For your full enjoyment, links to things discussed on the podcast:
- Jelly cronut:
- Achewood, "It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning."
- The Rhode Island style cruller, in example
- The French cruller, in example
- Boston's Dunkin Donuts saturation, in illustration
- Bill's old-fashioned, in example
- The Dunkin Donuts old-fashioned, in example
- What an elephant ear pastry actually is
- Psycho donuts
- Voodoo donuts
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi