Another week, another SPGB! This time around, Bill and Pete are joined by their first guest, Progressive Boink founder and With Leather editor-in-chief Brandon Stroud! Be forewarned: some pro wrestling discussion lies herein.
The three gentlemen discuss wrestling, Austin, air sex, Glee, Grease 2, the passing career trajectories of John Travolta and Nicolas Cage, Robert Irvine, "Ring ring, brother", Hulk Hogan's enormous genitalia, Virgil, 80s prison stock market caper films, growing up Christian, Suncoast Video, Shannyn Sossamon and the holidays.
For your full enjoyment, links to things discussed in the podcast:
- Jon's Alex Rodriguez Saga (images broken for the moment)
- Good critical overview of the Oatmeal's rape joke saga
- Yaz, "Only You"
- Bill's Glee screed
- Sports On TV: Glee's 20 Best Sports Moments
- Grease 2, "Who's That Guy?"
- Grease 2, "Reproduction"
- The Million Dollar Man (ft. Virgil)
- Pat Patterson vs. Gerald Briscoe, Hardcore Evening Gown Match
- "I wrestled Andre the Giant...and a couple days later he passed on."
- Brandon on Superbook
- Regina Spektor, "My Dear Acquaintance"
- Big Star, "Jesus Christ"
- Tom Waits, "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis"