Our intrepid co-hosts were recently at a poetry reading, where Pete was a featured poet. To celebrate, the two gentlemen (or perhaps scoundrels) discuss their relationships with poetry, what it all means and what can be done to combat this anti-poetry stigma we've got going on now. To wrap things up, there's a special announcement and a call-to-arms of sorts.
For your full enjoyment, links to things discussed on the podcast:
- Syl Johnson, "Is it Because I'm Black?"
- Pete, "Untitled (Pitbull)"
- NPR Franz Wright interview
- Franz Wright, "One Heart"
- John Engels, "For the Lately Dead" in excerpt
- Cowboy poetry, in example
- Jack Handey Times piece
- Tony Hoagland interview
- Dillon J. Welch
- Steve Almond talk