Today, Pete and Bill are joined by Tomas Rios to discuss the finer points of race, gender and sexuality as it pertains to mixed martial arts, meat piles, whether you should match your pocket square to your shirt or your tie, the infuriating mess that is sprezzatura, how to describe Bill to a police sketch artist and wrap things up with a spirited debate on the merits of Kickstarter.
You can click the below Flash player to listen immediately. Extended show notes and links are below.
You can also subscribe to the show on iTunes and leave a review if you so desire. If that isn't enough, you can download the podcast directly at Libsyn and you can subscribe to the RSS feeds at Libsyn and right here at Progressive Boink.
If you have feedback, want to bring something to our attention, or would like to hear us discuss something, please email us at email@example.com
For your full enjoyment, links to things discussed on the podcast:
- The Great White Hoax: Chael Sonnen, Racial Coding, and the UFC
- UFC Reinstates Miguel Torres
- Matt Mitrione's two-week suspension raises questions
- Katz's brisket sandwich, in illustration
- Katz's aesthetic, in illustration
- On Sandwiches, Canter's Delicatessen
- Floppy hats and sprezzy styles
- Gianni Agnelli's sprezzatura, in illustration