Another week, another SPGB! This time around, Bill and Pete are joined by their first guest, Progressive Boink founder and With Leather editor-in-chief Brandon Stroud! Be forewarned: some pro wrestling discussion lies herein.
The three gentlemen discuss wrestling, Austin, air sex, Glee, Grease 2, the passing career trajectories of John Travolta and Nicolas Cage, Robert Irvine, "Ring ring, brother", Hulk Hogan's enormous genitalia, Virgil, 80s prison stock market caper films, growing up Christian, Suncoast Video, Shannyn Sossamon and the holidays.
You can click the below Flash player to listen immediately. Extended show notes and links are below.
You can also subscribe to the show on iTunes and leave a review if you so desire. If that isn't enough, you can download the podcast directly at Libsyn and you can subscribe to the RSS feeds at Libsyn and right here at Progressive Boink.
If you have feedback, want to bring something to our attention, or would like to hear us discuss something, please email us at email@example.com
For your full enjoyment, links to things discussed in the podcast:
- Jon's Alex Rodriguez Saga (images broken for the moment)
- Good critical overview of the Oatmeal's rape joke saga
- Yaz, "Only You"
- Bill's Glee screed
- Sports On TV: Glee's 20 Best Sports Moments
- Grease 2, "Who's That Guy?"
- Grease 2, "Reproduction"
- The Million Dollar Man (ft. Virgil)
- Pat Patterson vs. Gerald Briscoe, Hardcore Evening Gown Match
- Brandon on Superbook
- Regina Spektor, "My Dear Acquaintance"
- Big Star, "Jesus Christ"
- Tom Waits, "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis"